About

Monday, October 11, 2010

Serena and Lily

My inspiration room comes from the pages of the most recent Serena and Lily's catalog.  I swear I heard a choir of angels sing as I was flipping through each page, they were so beautiful.

WHY IT WORKS

Their current selection of fabrics are GORGEOUS!!  They are graphic, classic and just ridiculously beautiful.  I love how they delicately combine old and new,  tailored and rustic, bold and soft. 



INSPIRATION
  • Color palette.  Personally, I love using soothing colors in a bedroom.  There was a time when I had a red wall in our master bedroom and it worked, but right now, I'm loving pale blues, brown and grey.  Take a look around your master bedroom.  Remember this is the room where you literally come to rest.  Is it soothing?  Does your room help you feel calm?
  • White linens.  I'm a big fan of white linens.  They make you feel like you're in a luxurious hotel room.  Plus, you can get beautiful white linens at any price point and they match ANYTHING.  Beautiful and practical, music to my ears!
  • Found pieces.  Do you have items in your room that has a story?  It can, but doesn't have to be furniture.  It can be an old photograph, letter, book, etc...   Found objects add character and helps keep any room from looking like a showroom.  You want your spaces to reflect you and your story.
Here's more inspiration from serenaandlily.com


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...