About

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lavender!


A couple of weeks ago, I shared 2 of my favorite plants in my garden, hydrangeas and roses.  Well, here's another favorite.  My lavender!   With the weather getting colder, I'm starting to prune my lavender bushes, but I also decided to harvest some of the dried flowers.  Surprisingly, they still smell incredible!  Seriously, the aroma of lavender is amazing!  So soothing and relaxing! 

This plant just keeps giving and giving and all they require is a sunny spot,  They have filled my backyard with the sweet smell of lavender all summer long and now I still get to enjoy them at home and use these as gifts!  I only planted these 3 years ago and they've at least 3 tripled in size.  What a great investment.






There are many varieties of lavender.  I have English lavenders and I prefer the look of them to the Non English varieties.  Here's a handy website for more information.

http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/lavendercareandtips.htm

So, if you have a sunny spot in your backyard, close a deck or a path, go with a lavender bush.  You won't be dissapointed!

1 comment:

Lys Morrison said...

i'm sold! i'm planting some lavendar!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...