About

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sparkling Pumpkins

I wanted to share with you a quick and easy craft project I did.  With the exception of Christmas, I don't usually do too much holiday decorating, but I do like to add some seasonal touches using things like seasonal flowers, fruits, or vegetables.  This year, I glittered mini pumpkins!


If you watch the Martha Stewart Show, you've seen her glitter everything from chairs to little birds to Easter eggs.  She glitter everything!  Well, I finally got on board and did my first glittering project!  It was so easy and her glitters are truly gorgeous!  This whole project cost less than $5! 

All I did was dilute some Elmer's glue with water, paint the glue on the pumpkins, sprinkle glittter on the pumpkins and voila!  It's best to paint the glue on in sections so that you don't have alot of wet glue dripping.  My 4 year old even helped me with this project.   




Pretty aren't they?  The rest is all staging.  I put the pumpkins on a cake pedestal, used reindeer moss that I had, and topped it with a chicken wire cloche I bought a few weeks ago at a flea market for $8!  If you don't have a cloche, these little pumpkins would still look great on a pedestal, platter, or small bowl.




1 comment:

jmark said...

That is a super cute idea and I love seeing easy kid projects. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...