About

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Operation Christmas Child


I recently read a short article on party favors.  I know, most people have a love/hate relationship with them, including me.  I feel like I'm constantly dealing with them at our house, yet for my son's birthday party coming up, I'm looking for small goodies again.  :P  

So... in the spirit of making the best use of the favors that we all give and get, here's another idea.  I've been collecting these small toys and school supplies (when they're on sale in September) and saving them for making Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes for Samaritans Purse, a Christian relief and evangelism ministry.  We've done it for 2 years now and it is such an easy and tangible way for children to understand the joy and importance of giving and serving others.  Tonight, I watched one of their promotional videos with my 5 year old.  I want him to see how much his small sacrifice impacts the lives of other children, just like him.



Their National Collection week is next week, November 15 -21st.  Here's a link to information on how, where and when to drop off your donation.  What a great way to start off the holiday season and Thanksgiving.


This is such an easy to love and serve others, I'd love to hear how this might impact your family!

1 comment:

Lys Morrison said...

great idea- we will do this as a family!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...