About

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

And We Have a Winner...

Dandelion Rug from Garnet Hill

Just when I thought I've seen my share of rugs, I got my Garnet Hill catalog in the mail last Friday and I think I found my new kitchen rug!  If you're looking for a rug, you need to check out Garnet Hill.  They've come out with some beautiful rugs this spring and all rugs ship free until May 24th.  This is their indoor/outdoor Dandelion rug.  Isn't it fun?  The color palette is just right and I love that it's an indoor/outdoor rug.  Excellent for a high traffic area!  I'll be getting it in 3 x 5 for this area.  What do you think?




I've been wanting to get a bold, graphic graphic for the kitchen ever since I saw this picture:



Here's the lesson in all this:  Resist the temptation to buy something just because it's cheap,convenient or you're in a rush.  I've waited and have been looking for just the right rug for almost a year.  I was tempted to go with another FLOR rug like I wrote about here, but I just wasn't convinced.  I'm so glad I waited!  There are so many beautiful and inspiring things out there, there's something for everyone, wait for just that right piece, it's out there!  (Is this starting to sound like dating advice?)  Anyways!  :)  Living beautifully is about being selective and only living with things that you truly love.

1 comment:

cwu said...

Yeah, Cathy! You're right, it is worth the wait to really make sure that you LOVE what you decorate with. I need to remember to resist that urge for instant gratification. Bravo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...