About

Friday, April 22, 2011

IKEA FRIDAYS - Meet SUSANNA

I always look forward to seeing the seasonal items that IKEA rolls out a couple of times a year.  I just discovered their new summer fabric, SUSANNA.  At only $6.99, the possibilites are endless.  This fabric would really jazz up your summer table!  I've mentioned before that I prefer entertaining with real linens and plates if possible.  Yes, I admit I'm a bit of a paperplate snob.  :)  But, I think I using real utensils, plates and tablecloths really help to elevate the whole event and its really not that much more money.  PLUS, all of those things are reusable, so you're actually be very green.  :) 



SUSANNA comes in many different prints, but all have hat same bold, geometric look playing off of fun primary colors.  Here are some ways to use Susanna:

  • Tablecloths for summer parties
  • Throw pillows
  • Placemats
  • Reupholster seat cushions ( the pattern will be very forgiving)
  • Framed or Stretched on canvas as wall art.  I think the multi stripe would look stunning in a huge frame over a sofa.  It would look like a million bucks!
Here's a throw pillow that I found on etsy:

4 comments:

Avalyn said...

Those look like tiles... I didn't realize the print was that big though, from the online pics I got the impression it was smaller. Cool!

jmark said...

Very interesting.. another pattern i now want to incorporate in our home. Thanks!

Courtney said...

Just picked up the rainbow striped Susana fabric and sewed curtains for my little guy's bedroom! They're so fun, and a great pop of color and graphic shapes in an otherwise neutral room.

Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering if you know if I can still get this fabric somewhere? It doesn't look like Ikea carries it anymore..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...