About

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Camping... An All American Tradition


My family and I enjoyed a great 3 day camping trip last weekend.  I'm not naturally a camper and most of the time I dread all the work it involves.  So for me to say it was a great trip is saying alot!  :)

One of the reasons I've come to enjoy camping over the past 2 years is because I see how much my kids love it.  It is precious to see how much fun they have with the simplest of things... rocks, branches, water and dirt!  They could play for HOURS!  It is a great reminder of the joy of living simply, ie... turn off the tv and stop buying stuff!  :)

Teaching our kids to enjoy and appreciate nature, animals, and all of God's creation is a gift.  A gift that I wish I had more of when I was growing up.  It inspires respect, humility and gratitude.

Hopefully you'll be able to find time this summer to get your family "out in the woods" and away from so many of our daily distractions.  It'll be a gift to all of you!     


1 comment:

Claudine Norden said...

Amen, systa! You are singing the song of my heart. So glad you are enjoying His majesty and creation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...