About

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Progress...

Another day and I'm done.  Here's what I spent the last few hours doing.  It's not perfect or catalog worthy, but it works.  Bottom 2 shelves are toys in rotations, middle 2 shelves are books/crafts/school supplies.  Top shelves are gifts/games/holiday stuff.

Here'a  big aha I had while organizing.  I thought of my closet like a grocery store where shelf space is at a premium.  Where is my prime self real estate and what do I have there?  I need my most used, most important items there.  I don't want the things that I don't use as often taking up valuable real estate.  Simple, but a little light bulb moment for me.  :)

After

Remember this sad picture from yesterday?

AND...


The counter is cleared!  It seriously has not been that cleared off since we moved in 4 years ago!

 
The cluttered "before"

Lastly, here are bags of small goodies that I've been collecting all year for Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child.  I love putting together the shoeboxes each Christmas and I feel good about passing along all those little toys we don't play with anymore.


Thanks for all the tips and encouragement from yesterday's post.  It is so nice to know that I'm not alone as I'm grumbling to myself, it's past midnight and feel like the end is no where in sight.  I look forward to listening to the message and the book you guys recommended. 

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Nice work! Like decorating editing is always work in progress. Thanks for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...