About

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Black is Back - I'm Inspired

Happy Monday!  It seems everywhere I look these days, I'm seeing black in interiors and I'm loving it.  Especially in kitchens!  I looked through my inpiration photos on my computer and was amazed at how many of them have black cabinets or black framed windows and doors.  Here's what I mean:


(Tyler Florence Kitchen of the Year via housebeautiful.com)


(Kitchen by Tommy Smythe via houseandhome.com)


(House and Home 2010 Showhome Kitchen via houseandhome.com)

Tons of black and white in Nate Berkus' new NYC apartment, check out the video tour in this link(sorry, couldn't find a pic, but had to share!)


(Nate's previous NYC apartment via escapadeblog.com)

Lastly, just by chance, I flipped through some old House and Home mags and found this photo from its Oct. 2010 issue.  LOVE the black framed glass cabinets! 

( via houseandhome.com)

Now the real question is.. .will I have the guts to do the same to my white cabinets that are perfectly fine?



I can risk painting $5 thrift store chairs, but this takes real confidence and commitment.  I know I'd love the finished product, but... not sure how to best execute it.  Any tips?  Have you painted your kitchen cabinets? 



2 comments:

Cathy said...

love the black!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. Love it! I love the look of black kitchen cabinets & have been going back & forth between black or white for two years now. There's something about black, it's so cool & classy. I'm afraid to commit because it such a huge thing! So play it safe w/white or go for it w/black? I even took a pic of my kitchen & uploaded it onto Sherwin Williams site & "painted" in white then black. It's really fear holding me back. I so want to do this project this winter.

Love your blog!
Rebecca

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...