About

Monday, September 12, 2011

Let School Begin

the door to our classrom/playroom

Tomorrow will be the first day of school for my 2 boys, Micah and Ryan.  One will be back at preschool and I will be starting our very first day of Kindergarten at home with Micah.  Yes, we're diving into homeschooling!  (I may share later about our journey in making this decision to homeschool.) I write this post with excitement and trepidation.  It's a privilege to be able to start this new season of teaching my own kids after 10 years of teaching other kids.   I look forward to all the aha moments and special times of guiding their learning and shaping their character.  Will this be hard?  YES!  Is it hard not doing what everyone else is doing?  YES.  I'm not sure as to how this will all pan out.  I have a feeling this will be a year filled with many lessons on trust, humbleness, grace and patience and seeking wisdom beyond my own understanding... I wonder who's going to be learning more this year?  :) 

My reading material for the past week has been more this:


than this:


I hope to be able to continue to share this new adventure with you as part of this blog AND continue to carve out time for my love of interior design too.  God's wired me a certain way and I hope to be able to continue to live out the passions that's He's given me.  I truly find joy and purpose in sharing my musings and inspirations with you and it's so rewarding to know that I might be inspiring a few of you out there to live a bit more beautifully.   However... don't be suprised if my posts this week are a bit sparse.  :)

So tomorrow morning, we'll start our day off with a robust breakfast of green eggs and ham and then we're off!  Wish us luck!  :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...