About

Monday, December 5, 2011

Recycle Those Lights!



This is a purely practical post people.  Well... it's taken a couple of weeks, but our Christmas tree is *almost* done.  I don't know about you, but for us, the Christmas decorating process is never a one day deal.  I wish!  It generally takes at least a week for the boxes to come down, the decorations to go up, the clutter to be put away and for the boxes to return back out of sight. 

This year, I found several strings of lights that didn't work.  They've been sitting in a big bin, right next to our tree.  I haven't wanted to just throw them in the garbage, so I did a little bit of googling today and found an answer!



Did you know that Whole Foods actually recycles broken Christmas lights?  YES!  I called my local Whole Foods and yup, they've been doing it for several years and just set up a bin for collecting lights. 

WOOHOO!  I'm bringing my lights down asap!

OK... Happy Decorating (and Recycling) Everyone!  :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...